Position Title: Executive Director
Reports to: This full-time position reports to the Board of the Lacombe & District Historical Society.
Positions Supervised: Finance and Sales Coordinator
Museum Program Coordinator
Location and Hours of Position: Michener House Museum & Archives
5036 - 51 Street Lacombe, AB T4L 1W2
Regular Working Hours:
35 hrs/ week: 9:00am to 5:00pm Monday to Friday
With additional or alternative hours as necessary
Position Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Directs, oversees and manages the operations of the historical society and the Museums located in Lacombe, AB.
· Assists the Board with long-term Financial and Strategic Planning.
· Develops and implements a balanced annual operating budget and provides monthly financial reporting.
· Responsible for Curatorial work, Exhibits, Programming, Collections Management, Communications, Publications, Marketing, Events and Fundraising.
· Responsible for Fund Development, Grant Writing and Government reporting.
· Prepares and presents annual reports and funding requests to the elected Councils of the City of Lacombe and Lacombe County.
· Represents the Lacombe Region at Provincial and Federal Conferences.
· Builds and maintains relationships with stakeholders and partners.
· Responsible for hiring, training and supervising all staff and volunteers.
· Responsible for the upkeep, maintenance, content of the museum website and social media platforms.
· Responsible for fostering and growing institution’s impact and public engagement
· Responsible for maintaining and/or renewing museum accreditation (AMA) and heritage designations
· Supervises all projects for the organization
· Represents the historical society on the Lacombe Regional Tourism Board and City of Lacombe Heritage Resources Committee
· Represents the historical society at industry meetings and events
- Degree/ Diploma in Museum Studies, History, Fine Arts, Humanities or related field
- Ability to develop and work within a budget
- Knowledge of the Alberta Museum Association’s Standards and Guidelines for Museum Practices
- Knowledge of Past Perfect 5.0 Collections Management Software
- Experience in a management and supervisory role
- Experience in planning (long term and short term)
- Customer Service, public relations and communications experience
- Experience working with non-profits, community and/or government organizations
- Grant writing experience
- Experience with social media and websites
- Comfortable learning new technologies
- Knowledge of marketing and communications
- Minimum three years’ work experience at a Museum, Cultural Organization and/or Archives
Special Conditions of Employment:
- No Criminal Record. Consent to a Police Record Check
- Can climb stairs
- Can lift up to 50 lbs
Performance Review: After 3 months of employment and every 12 months thereafter.
Remuneration: $62,953 - $78,678
Commensurate with experience. The Lacombe & District Historical Society provides a benefits package that includes health and dental insurance.
How to Apply:
Please submit your application via email in a pdf document with your cover letter and resume to Jennifer Kirchner, President, Lacombe & District Historical Society at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Monday, June 18th at 5:00pm.
Applications will be accepted until a suitable candidate is found.
Only shortlisted applicants that are selected for an interview will be contacted.